Over the past two decades, a large number of analysis modelling methods have been developed.
By Analyzing Problems And Their Causes, investigator have developed a variety of
• - notations and
•- corresponding sets of heuristic overcome them.
Each analysis method has a unique point of view, however all analysis methods are related by a set of operational principles:
• 1) The information domain of a problem must be represented and understood.
• 2) The functions that the software is to perform must be defined.
• 3) the behavior of the software must be represented.
• 4) The Models that depict information and behavior must be partitioned in a manner that uncovers detail in a layered (or Hierarchical) fashion.
• 5) the analysis process should move from essential information towards implementation detail.
By applying this principles, an analyst approaches a problem systematically.
A Set of guiding principles fro Requirement Engineering:
• Understand the problem before you begin to create the analysis model.
• Develop Prototype that enable a user to understand how human / machine interaction will occur.
• Record the origin of and reason for every requirement.
• Use Multiple use of requirements- building data, functional and behavioral models provide the software engineering with different 3 views.
• Rank Requirements: Tight deadline may preclude the implementation of every software requirement. If an incremental process model is applied, those requirements to be delivered in the first increment must be identified.
• Work to Eliminate Ambiguity: As most requirements are described in natural language, the opportunity for everybody abounds. The use of formal technical review is one way to uncover and eliminate ambiguity.