>Phases in Requirement Engineering Process:
There are four phase in Requirement Engineering
- feasibility study
- Requirement Elicitation and Analysis
- Requirement Specification
- Requirement Validation
A feasibility study is quite important phase in which high management decides on the feasibility report that whether or not the proposed system is worthwhile.
Feasibility study checks:
- If the system contributes organisational objectives.
- If the system can be engineered using current technology and swithin budget.
- If the system can be integrated with other systems that are used.
That means concentrate on following areas:
- Operational Feasibility
- Technical Feasibility
- Economic Feasibility
The main aim of the feasibility study is not thinking how to solve problem, back to determine whether the problem is work solving.
Feasibility study leads to a decision:
•- Go Ahead
•- Do Not Go Ahead
•- Think again
Outcome of feasibility study:
Based on the information assessment (what is required ), information collection and report writing we get list of questions
-• What if the system was not implemented?
•- what are current project problems?
• - how will be the proposed system help?
•- What will be integration problems?
• - is new technology needed?
•- is new skill(staff, team members) required?
• - what facilities must be supported by the proposed system?