Programming Language Translator
Compiler is a program that translates a high-level language into machine code.
For Example:The Turbo Pascal compiler translate a program written in Pascal into machine code that can be run on a PC.
Advantages of a compiler:
• 1) It is fast in execution
• 2) The object / executable code produced by compiler can be distributed or executed without having to have compiler present.
• 3) The object program can be used whenever required without the need of re-compilation.
Disadvantages of a compiler:
• 1) In this Debugging a program is much harder than other.
• 2) when error is found, the whole program has to be re-compiled.