Hierarchical Database Model
• This model is based on parent/child relationship just like a tree structure.
• Data is stored 'Records' which are connected to each other through links.
• A record in this model corresponds to a row / tuple in relational database model.
• And an entity i.e parent/ child correspond to a table (relation).
*** Each child can have only one parent, where as each parent record can have more child or no child at bottom level.
• To retrieve any record the whole tree needs to be traversed starting from root node.
*Records can be accessed and manipulated rapidly as relationship between records are defined in advance.