Multilevel Viewpoint Of A Machine
Assembly language level
• In this level High Level Codes or language is converted into Assembly Language by a Translator called Assembler.
• Assembly language which uses NMEMONICS code is easier than Machine language using binary or Hexadecimal codes.
• It is easier to remember ADD, MUL, SUB or DEL than their corresponding numerical values in Machine Language.
• The Assembly language can directly test if there is an overflow bit while a higher level language cannot.
• An assembly language can only run on one family of machine (Each machine has its own assembly) while a higher level language can run on many machines.